Monday, December 9, 2013

Casual look in shades of greyLook casual em tons de cinzento



I rarely plan ahead my outfits because most of the time I change my mind in the morning; but yesterday I spent a few minutes putting together an outfit in my mind for today: a total dark blue look with accents of tan brown, something edgy and chic with high heel platform boots and all, even put the clothes aside… But as usual my mind was set in other direction once I got out of bed. It was HARD leaving the coziness of my sleeping nest and stepping out into the freezing reality so my outfit reflects an attempt of keeping some of the warmth and comfort… And let’s face it, I gave you chic and glamorous on Saturday, so today you’ll get casual warmth, flat shoes (Chelsea boots! Click here for the Wiki link) and a cozy scarf,… That’s me, always embracing change and diversity. Maybe tomorrow I’ll feel the appeal of the dark blue/tan outfit… We’ll see. 
These pictures were taken by the door of my old apartment at Vagueira beach (DH played along and snapped these in a few minutes time, otherwise I wouldn't post this look). I went there to grab a couple of suits that I’ve made a few years ago and haven’t worn in a while… So in a near future, if all goes well, I’ll take my sewing enthusiast readers on a trip down memory lane! Thank you all for visiting! 


Raramente planeio os meus coordenados com antecedência porque na maioria das vezes acabo por mudar de ideias quando acordo de manhã. Hoje foi um desses dias: ontem tinha pensado numa roupa para hoje, um look total em azul noite com acentos em castanho mel, um coordenado chique e arrojado com direito a botas plataforma de salto alto e tudo… Até pus a roupa de lado para não perder muito tempo de manhã. Mas como invariavelmente acontece, acordei com uma disposição totalmente diferente. Foi DURO sair do conforto e calor do meu ninho para esta realidade gelada, então o meu look reflete a vontade de preservar o quente e confortável. No sábado dei-vos glamour, hoje têm um look casual, confortável e quentinho, botins rasos (este género de botins é conhecido como “botins Chelsea”; cliquem aqui para a definição em Inglês, a tradução em Português está muito pobrezinha...) e um xaile aconchegante usado como uma écharpe,… Sou assim, sempre a abraçar a mudança e a diversidade, haha. Talvez amanhã o coordenado azul-noite/castanho mel me seja mais apelativo, veremos.
Estas fotos foram tiradas à porta do meu antigo apartamento na praia da Vagueira (o Miguel fez-me a vontade e tirou-mas à saída, de outra forma não teria publicado este look). Fui lá buscar uns fatos feitos por mim que estavam guardados e que não uso há bastante tempo. Portanto, se tudo correr bem, num futuro próximo vou levar os meus leitores aficionados na costura mais antigos a recordar algumas das minhas criações! Obrigada a todos(as) por visitarem!






8 comments:

  1. Ah, so do you store all your beautiful clothes at your old apartment? Great casual look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! Not all my clothes,... I have a (ahem) space problem,... The truth is I have too many clothes (who am I kidding; I’m a garment hoarder!!). In my current home all my wardrobe cabinets are packed to full extension (three huge cabinets). In the last couple of years I had gained some weight so a few of my older garments didn't fit anymore. I have given a lot of them away to charity but never the ones I sewed myself. Those ones I kept in my old apartment; I retrieved a couple of them to be cleaned and worn again, now that I've returned to weighting the same as a few years ago :). I still have to check how they fit me now, lol!

      Delete
  2. Gosto imenso deste look!!! Super confortável e super gira!
    Parabéns por teres ganho a semana do blog da mini-saia.

    Bjs

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Mónica! Agora irei à final do mês de Dezembro, deseja-me sorte! Beijinhos!

      Delete
  3. Gostei deste total grey look! Vou ja ver o teu casaco PINK, que e igual ao da Veronica do Bittersweet Blog!
    Gostei de visitar o teu blog. Tambem tenho um, se tiveres tempo vem, estou a oferecer 2 FASHION BOOKS, um X-mas Giveaway!!!!
    Beijos, Vanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Vanda! Já fui espreitar o teu blogue e concorrer ao teu Christmas Giveaway! Beijinhos!

      Delete
  4. You look super comfy and still cute! Love it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!