Friday, December 2, 2011

2011-12-02: Turquoise beauty - Beleza turquesa

 I finished this coat yesterday (sewing review will be up as soon as I find the time to write it is published here) and I couldn’t be happier with it! I’ve been lusting over a wide fit coat for quite some time and Paco’s pattern “Abrigo T” filled the bill perfectly (pattern is available for sale here). It’s made of turquoise boiled wool and it’s very warm and comfortable. The top was also made by me, from another of Paco’s patterns (sewing review is published here). Turquoise and brown is such a wonderful color combination, don’t you think? I’m feeling really great in this outfit!

PS – I didn’t dye my hair again; the red color faded slightly with the washings, but it’s still there; it's not very visible in these pictures though.


Terminei este casaco ontem (os detalhes de costura serão publicados logo que possa estão publicados aqui) e não poderia estar mais satisfeita com o resultado! Ando com desejos de um casaco assim largo já há algum tempo e o molde “Abrigo T” do Paco preencheu os meus requisitos perfeitamente (o molde está à venda aqui). É feito de um tecido misto de lã turquesa com uma textura muito bonita, o casaco é quente e muito confortável. A blusa também foi feita por mim, de um outro molde do Paco (cliquem aqui para os detalhes de costura). Turquesa e castanho fazem uma linda combinação de cores, não acham? Hoje estou a sentir-me muitíssimo bem a usar este conjunto!

PS - Não pintei o cabelo outra vez; o vermelho saiu um pouco com as lavagens, mas ainda está lá, nas fotos é que não é muito aparente.





 Kiko was neutered a week ago, and recovered really well after the procedure; both my cats were having great fun playing in our backyard!



O Kiko foi esterilizado há uma semana e recuperou bastante rapidamente da operação; ele e a Missy hoje estiveram muito divertidos a brincar no nosso quintal!




29 comments:

  1. A great coat, I look forward to your review. And I love the way you are unafraid to use bright colours - terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful coat! The colour suits you. I´m thinking of something similar with 3/4 sleeves and bigger cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is amazing! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ola Tany
    o abrigo maravilhoso,combinaçao de cores
    perfeita,amo o turquesa,e fica-te uma elegançia.
    Parabens a Ti e ao Paco.
    As melhoras pro teu gatinho,k lindos!!!
    bjs
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. belle version de ces deux modèles
    la couleur du manteau est magnifique

    ReplyDelete
  6. os teus gatos estão cada vez mais engraçados e giros! Crescem muito depressa...

    Adoro o azul turquesa. A cor é linda, o tecido fabuloso e o casaco ficou lindo! Adorei! Gosto da combinação do azul e do castanho sim!

    Bjs

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed beutiful. It's the one Zara inspired? Perfect wide shape (you can put a warmer sweater under it and it will still look great) and a beutiful color. I love all the coats in bright colors for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty! This coat is superior to Zara's Trafaluc coat in every way, but the fabric is indeed very similar in texture and weight. I'd rather make my coats instead of buying them, if I can spare the time and the energy to make them! I'm glad I was able to do so this time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, your construction & sewing is top notch. I've read the detailed review on pattern review. Since I live in Canada, (cold winters!), would this coat be warm enough? I have some boiled wool/rayon blend for a coat pattern, but LOVE this one. Would inserting an interlining of flannel, esecially in the upper part of the coat be an idea for extra warmth? I'd love to hear your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am challenging myself to make a coat for our next winter, and yours is beautiful and stylish. I love the action photo of your cats playing too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rozzy: Thank you! You are absolutely right about the flannel interlining; it would provide the extra warmth for extreme cold weather. I think this coat would be perfect for your kind of weather because you can just layer it over a warm sweater and also wear elbow leather gloves (the cuffs are wide, in extreme weather that should be taken into account).

    ReplyDelete
  12. O caimento realmente é lindo, ele assenta muito bem, especialmente na frente, sem qualquer dobra ou ruga. Também linda a blusa com estampa animal.
    E os gatitos mais fofos... Que bom que ele se recuperou bem. Parece que os machos sofrem cortes menores que as fêmeas, não?
    Beijocas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah! terminei de ler aquele nosso livro... já tem post sobre ele. Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your coat! Beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous coat. I love the colour and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love turquoise and brown together! Great outfit and the coat is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your coat and the color I'm obsessed! You are a great stylist and designer. Congrat.

    Kiss
    Paula
    Fashion Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  18. obrigado pela tua visita ao Fashion Heroines e pelo teu comentário tão simpático.

    http://fashionheroines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great execution of Paco's design. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sabe aquele presentinho de aniversário????? Finalmente ele chegou aos Correios! Agora é esperar, segundo a funcionária, duas semanas para a travessia do Atlântico...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful work again ! It looks gorgeous !!
    You know, I show your blog to my mom and we watched it together, and she totally
    loved it ;) !

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely a turquoise beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I so love this coat.....the colour is gorgeous & I love the design & sleeves! One day in time I would love to make this too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. querida tany adoro o seu trabalho .temos muito em comum costura e gatos.parabens pelo seu blog.felicidades.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ilove your work,it's an example for me and gives to me the taste to do more.And i am found of cats too.
    Gracias!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!